Houghton County Historical Society Events For 2017
- MUSEUM HOURS: Starting June 5th (Thursday) thru September 30th (Saturday) 4PM
- TRAIN HOURS: (Starting date to be announced) thru Sept, from Noon - 4 pm each Saturday and Sunday
The Museum Building closes for the season 4 PM (Wednesday) September 30th
Ham Radio Field Days (To be announced)
- Jul. 3 & 4 (Monday and Tuesday) Our 4th of July Celebration
Join us for our nation's 241st birthday!
Enjoy a ride behind the C&H Steam Engine Old #3. On Monday, rides begin at 6:00 until dusk, and again on Tuesday from 11 AM until 2 PM.
Take an historic stroll through our Museum in the former C&H Millsite Office Building. Open every day from noon until 4 PM.
- Sept. 10 & 11 (Saturday & Sunday) Noon to 4PM
Trains, Tractors & More, and Museum Open House
Join the HCHS for a fun Open House weekend. Admission to the Museum and grounds is free!
Look over the antique tractors. Take a ride on the train.
- Oct. (date to be determined) - Ghost Train & Haunted House
Come ride the Ghost Train and tremble through the hallways of the Haunted House! Your admission will allow you one Ghost Train ride and one knee knocking walk through the Haunted House.
Candy for everyone!
Wear your Halloween costume to scare the ghosts away!
Ghost Train for Kids - 2PM to 5PM
Ghost TrainHaunted House for the Brave - 6:30PM to 9:30PM
- Dec. 2 (Saturday) 1PM - 5PM Santa Train.
Santa Claus is coming!
Santa arrives on the Santa Train at 1PM.
After his arrival, he and Mrs. Claus will be at the Leo Chaput Log Cabin to hear your Christmas wish list.
Take home a cooke and candy cane from Mrs. Claus
Ride the Train through a Winter Wonderland
The train departs from the depot every 15 minutes until 5PM (Weather permitting)
Group Tours are available. For more information call the Houghton County Historical Society office at (906) 296-4121