Houghton County Historical Society Events For 2018
- MUSEUM HOURS: As we head to our annual Open House on September 15th, please know that our museum hours are now Saturdays only
- TRAIN HOURS: Starting June 9th (Saturday) thru September 30th (Saturday), from Noon - 4 pm each Saturday and Sunday
C&H Steam Engine Old #3 rides to be announced
- Jul. 3 & 4 (Tuesday and Wednesday) Our 4th of July Celebration
Join us for our nation's birthday!
Enjoy a ride behind the C&H Steam Engine Old #3 - On Tuesday,and again on Wednesday.
Take an historic stroll through our Museum in the former C&H Millsite Office Building. Open every day from noon until 4 PM.
- Oct. 13 - Ghost Train & Haunted House
Come ride the Ghost Train and tremble through the hallways of the Haunted House! Your admission will allow you one Ghost Train ride and one knee knocking walk through the Haunted House.
Candy for everyone!
Wear your Halloween costume to scare the ghosts away!
Ghost Train for Kids - 2PM to 5PM
Ghost TrainHaunted House for the Brave - 6:30PM to 9:30PM
- Dec. 1 (Saturday) 1PM - 5PM Santa Train.
Santa Claus is coming!
Santa arrives on the Santa Train at 1PM.
After his arrival, he and Mrs. Claus will be at the Leo Chaput Log Cabin to hear your Christmas wish list.
Take home a cooke and candy cane from Mrs. Claus
Ride the Train through a Winter Wonderland
The train departs from the depot every 15 minutes until 5PM (Weather permitting)
Group Tours are available. For more information call the Houghton County Historical Society office at (906) 296-4121